Tuesday, August 12, 2008

THE MUNDANE MONTH OF BLOGGING™ - DAY 12



I mailed the electric bill this morning. As coincidence would happen, I opened up my mailbox and there was my gas bill. It figures. My life sometimes seems like one never ending cycle of having to buy or otherwise pay for something.

What really blew my mind was the fact that my power costs this month increased twenty fuckin' percent, and I wasn't even home for three of those days in the last billing period! Okay, I could have imagined that there was more interesting stuff on TV this month, but in actuality, we all know that would never happen.



I may have had the air conditioning on a little more frequently but I still don't get it, since I keep my thermostat set at 80 (because it over compensates by about 5 or so degrees) and only run the AC when I'm home. I go home on my lunch break from work, and if a one hundred plus degree day is forecast, usually I'll give it a head start so that it's cool when I get home. I couldn't imagine how much money I'd be reamed for if I was one of those folks who leave the shit set at 72 all day and night long.

Oh well, at least we won't have to worry about somebody like Enron fucking us over this summer. And supposedly winter heating costs are going to rise as well. Like I care. Thank God I'm in a nice wimpy valley climate. As long as the levees hold and my shit doesn't get soaked out I'm cool.

(IMPORTANT NOTE OF GUIDANCE: This post is but one in a series called THE MUNDANE MONTH OF BLOGGING™. For those of you who are scratching your head right now and saying to yourselves, "What the fuck is he trying to prove?", Click Here, Pilgrim)