Wednesday, August 27, 2008

THE MUNDANE MONTH OF BLOGGING™ - DAY 27

Well, some of you folks like to put money into those there kooky 401(k)s and IRAs and the like but as for me, my financial future hinges upon a two dollar per week investment in the California Lottery Potential Fund.



I buy only one ticket per drawing, and there are 2 weekly drawings of the Super Lotto Plus game. I don't fuck around with the Mega Millions numbers because the odds are that somebody in another state is going to win on top of all the players here in California. Each time, I pick the same numbers, briefly plot out how I'm going to tell my employers that I'm quitting, and then every Wednesday and Saturday confirm that, once again, I have a losing ticket and will have to keep showing up at work.



In reality, I just buy the ticket and more often than not forget to even check the winning numbers until days or sometimes weeks later. I usually don't care that much about losing either, although I don't really get the idea pitched by the lottery's ad campaign that playing is somehow "fun" to do. I'm just trying to turn one dollar into at least several million, and at that point, I'll buy my own fun, thank you very much.

(IMPORTANT NOTE OF GUIDANCE: This post is but one in a series called THE MUNDANE MONTH OF BLOGGING™. For those of you who are scratching your head right now and saying to yourselves, "What the fuck is he trying to prove?", Click Here, Pilgrim)