Thursday, July 31, 2008

THE MUNDANE MONTH OF BLOGGING™ - INTRODUCTION

Starting August 1, 2008, I will be undergoing a very special project I have named THE MUNDANE MONTH OF BLOGGING™. For 31 days, I will share, at the end of each and every one of those days, what will probably amount to a bunch of the ordinary and dull things that make up my everyday world. I would have thrown the word “normal” into that previous sentence somewhere but consider the source.

I was inspired to undertake this writing challenge due to the abundance of blogs I’ve been checking out over recent times which basically consist of entries written about the blogger’s new house, or their job, how much they had to pay to gas up their car, or some stupid thing their kid or lover or pet did or said that day. Sure, everybody has a right to write about whatever the fuck they want in their weblog, but really, as for the actual 24/7 mundane bloggers who are trying to get everybody and their grandmother to Digg all their entries or nominate them for some bullshit online award, or they’re thinking that they are special enough to be covered by the local media pigs or whatever just because they have enough free time to share their boring ass life events with the entire fuckin’ Internet, no, sorry, I’m thinking that people in that element should be ridiculed and discouraged at every opportunity. In a perfect world, they’d also be lined up and shot at the knees, but even I’d agree that would be a bit extreme, and besides, they’d just go on and on in inane detail on their blogs about getting shot, the ambulance ride, having to turn off their cell phone at the hospital, how fucked up their spouse was for forgetting to Tivo this week’s episode of Lost because they were in surgery, etc.

That said, hopefully I can be as languid and insignificant in the month of postings as the folks I’m trying to emulate. Yes, this will be a true test of my endurance and ability to avoid showing even one speck of humility, but one never knows what one is truly made of until he or she tries, gosh darn it. So here we go. Let the humdrum begin.

P.S. Of course, to create as authentically mundane an effect as possible, I will try to post some uninteresting photos on occasion as well.

(GENTLE NOTE OF GUIDANCE: If you have way too much free time on your hands, and you'd like to read the entire month of posts in their logical sequence, at the lower left hand of this introductory post, you will see a link labeled "Newer Post". Click it, and when you're done reading each day, repeat the process.)