Monday, July 07, 2008

HURRAY! YOU LIKE ME! YOU REALLY LIKE ME!




Well, looks like at least for the time being, I've snagged the number one spot on the esteemed Sacramento Top 25 list. Amazing how many visitors have shown the love, eh? Thanks to all of me, I mean, you who have been so kind to click my page link and vote me up to the TOP, baby!

And oh yeah, on an, ahem, unrelated note, in my research on my previous accomplishment (namely, getting tagged up by Websense as NSFW) I got a line on a nifty site called proxy.org, which I would like to share with the workers of the world as a public service (at least until your company IT snoop calls you or drops by.) By all means, visit that site and it will help you surf your favorite sites without detecting your local IP address. And there's probably a whole truckload of other uses for anonymous proxy servers as well, but gee, I can't think of them off the top of my head right now!

So anyway, I'd like to thank everyone from here to Poland who helped me achieve my 15 minutes of success on the Sacramento Top 25. But now, I have a special request of all of you.

Please, please, please stop voting for me.

But, Michael, somebody may ask, why such a strange request? Isn't this what you want? To be recognized as the top site on somebody's list in Sacramento? I mean, Sacramento Top 25 has been recognized by the News & Review in a previous Best of Sac issue!

Well, the answer's simple, Psycho Nation. You see, being at the top of this list, week after week, makes certain site owners feel special about themselves. They look at their constant weekly number-one-to-number-three ranking as a reason to feel validated, nay, to feel alive. Oh, I'm not going to go into these silly allegations of how these paid actors are putting up advertorial blogs in order to generate money through these insidious shadow marketing sites because at this point, if they were actually stupid enough to do it, it would be chump change and irrelevant anyway. I also won't rant about any self-made attention whores who center themselves on a single scapegoat and think that "controversial" has the same definition as "pandering." No, we don't need to go there.

But, troops... you need to understand. These folks need their top rankings and little mentions in the SacBee Blog Watch. Yes, I know, I've even been there (on 12/16/2007- oh and also linked by the Washington Post) and never made much of a big deal, but to other folks it's a really special thing. So I don't want anyone slitting their wrists just because they checked in on their Top 25 ranking and see my media terrorist ass sitting on top of their chance at fame and fortune because the local media was looking for yet another local blog profile type story and doesn't notice you because you are (shudder!) number 2!

So anyway, it's time to give the glory back to these needy ones. I respectfully ask you to grant my request for the good of people with self-esteem issues everywhere. Thank you, God bless you, and God Bless America.

P.S. - If you would like to see what the Sacramento Top 25 normally looked like in the non-Psycho Dominated days, Click Here,Pilgrim

Let's try one more. Click Here, Pilgrim for flashback #2. (Is it me, or is there some sort of pattern going on here?)

Oh, what the Hell. Let's go way back, back in the time to 2003. Click Here, Pilgrim, for flashback #3. (Wow! that site must have some DEDICATED fans!)

Epilogue/Update (7/10): This is old news, by the way. Click Here, Pilgrim