Thursday, August 14, 2008

THE MUNDANE MONTH OF BLOGGING™ - DAY 14



Yeah, I feel pretty lucky in one regard. I get to wear jeans every single day to an office job. Who outside of Silicon Valley can really claim that? If I had to wear a suit and tie every day, I don't know what the fuck I'd do. I'd probably end up losing it and committing a workplace shooting or something eventually.



First thing I do before I hit the shower in the morning is pick out which pair of jeans I'm going to wear for the day. Usually I tend to favor black jeans, but will wear blues on Fridays. I'm probably imagining things, but it seems like the black pairs fade a Hell of a lot faster than the blue pairs, even with conceding to the fact that I wear black jeans more often. The blue jeans just seem to be a bit thicker as well.



Gosh darn it, there just seems to be something about a comfortable pair of jeans that makes the day go by a whole lot easier. And the fact that my company's corporate parent decided to institute an across-the-board wage freeze recently only justifies my need to wear them in the workplace. Hey, we can't afford nice fou-fou business type clothes anymore, so they're lucky that we can even swing it with what they pay us to show up to the job dressed in anything that's clean.

(IMPORTANT NOTE OF GUIDANCE: This post is but one in a series called THE MUNDANE MONTH OF BLOGGING™. For those of you who are scratching your head right now and saying to yourselves, "What the fuck is he trying to prove?", Click Here, Pilgrim)