Monday, August 18, 2008

THE MUNDANE MONTH OF BLOGGING™ - DAY 18



Oy vey! It's not like I've had any really bad days lately, but this one wasn't one of the better ones, either.

Ever have one of those days when everything is going better than you anticipated, and then, slam! Something has to fuck it up? Yup, that's my today.

It started out like any typical Monday with me anticipating yet one more overtime session. Yet in the first couple of hours, I was actually ahead of the game on my task list and had this kooky thought for a short while that I would - could it happen? - get out at my normal time, only eight hours later! Was this meant to be? Fuck, no, of course not!

Thanks to the weekend OS updates which are globally fixed by the nice folks handling our IT operations, my automated processes which spit out daily reports for the managers didn't happen on Saturday OR Sunday, and I wasted the good part of two hours dicking around with the database until I realized the the latest hotfix installation screwed up the object recognition, and now instead of my form running properly on my computer, it comes up with some bullshit error message saying that it does not recognize ' ' (i.e. it not only can't recognize the object name, it doesn't even see the name of the object!)

I have a feeling that the way that IT will want to remedy the problem is to upgrade my operating system, and that's all well and good, but then I'll have to back up all of my files and reinstall all of my programs and a bunch of little hassles thrown in as well. So to top it off, I ended up stuck there at work for three extra hours running reports, and although the overtime money is almost karmic considering that the Department of Bright Ideas decided to freeze our wages for a year, pulling that extra time isn't going to get me sent any thank you cards from my bosses.




And as an extra special bonus, when I was zipping up after taking a piss today, my fly kept getting jammed for some reason. After a closer look, I noticed that the inside lining was all torn up to shit! Fuckin' overseas outsourced factory work! I can't blame them, seeing as if I was treated as shitty as they reportedly are by their employer, I'd probably not care about how well I'd do on the job either.

(IMPORTANT NOTE OF GUIDANCE: This post is but one in a series called THE MUNDANE MONTH OF BLOGGING™. For those of you who are scratching your head right now and saying to yourselves, "What the fuck is he trying to prove?", Click Here, Pilgrim)