Monday, August 04, 2008

THE MUNDANE MONTH OF BLOGGING™ - DAY 4

Well, work wasn't too bad for a Monday. Only two and a half hours of overtime. I've become resigned to the assumption that I will never be taking a Monday off for the next 25 years or so, let alone get out at my normal quitting time. That is, of course, unless they decide to shitcan me before the 25 years come to pass. Not that I mind the extra few bucks for working time and a half, but by the time I get home, eat dinner and do the dishes there's usually fuck all as far as any time to be constructive is concerned. I tend to be one of those fans of eight hours of sleep (usually ending up as about seven, or six if I decide to brainstorm or otherwise work on something.)




On this particular day, however, I was kind of lucky to have a longer work schedule since there was a new water heater being installed in my apartment complex. I didn't really see any problem with the old one, besides the fact that it took a while to heat up in the kitchen. Maybe the owner of the building wanted to save money on fuel bills or something. I was just glad that I didn't have to be home for the whole time between 9 AM and 5 PM when the water was shut off. I mean, I doubt if it would be much fun to take a shit in the toilet of a smaller apartment where you can't flush it all day long. Incense and those plug in air freshener things just wouldn't cut it. An open window probably wouldn't even help and chances are you'd only be drawing in flies.

By the time I had gotten home from work, the water was back on. It seemed to get hot quicker, but it didn't seem quite as hot, although it was hot enough for the most part. I guess that the big test will be when I use the shower tomorrow morning. Then again, I don't go for very hot showers in August, anyway.



One thing that was sort of odd was how the water from the hot water side has a really milky texture, probably from air being in the pipes due to the shutoff and the new heater starting up. I realize that this is pretty normal stuff to be happening, but it sure makes the water look fucked up, giving it a brief appearance of what water looks like after you soap down something. Oh, well. At least I'm not living in certain parts of the Appalachians, where I would be more than fortunate to have only air in the pipes to worry about.

(IMPORTANT NOTE OF GUIDANCE: This post is but one in a series called THE MUNDANE MONTH OF BLOGGING™. For those of you who are scratching your head right now and saying to yourselves, "What the fuck is he trying to prove?", Click Here, Pilgrim)